This page lists recommendations and requirements for how to best contribute to TransmogrifAI. We strive to obey these as best as possible. As always, thanks for contributing – we hope these guidelines make it easier and shed some light on our approach and processes.
Issues, requests & ideas¶
Use GitHub Issues page to submit issues, enhancement requests and discuss ideas.
- Ensure the bug/feature was not already reported by searching on GitHub under Issues. If none exists, create a new issue so that other contributors can keep track of what you are trying to add/fix and offer suggestions (or let you know if there is already an effort in progress).
- Clone the forked repo to your machine.
- Commit changes to your own branch.
- Push your work back up to your fork.
- Submit a Pull Request against the
masterbranch and refer to the issue(s) you are fixing. Try not to pollute your pull request with unintended changes. Keep it simple and small.
NOTE: Be sure to sync your fork before making a pull request.
- Clean, simple, well styled code
- Module-level & function-level comments.
- Comments on complex blocks of code or algorithms (include references to sources).
- Increase code coverage, not versa.
- Use ScalaTest with
- Use our testkit that contains a bunch of testing facilities you would need. Simply
import com.salesforce.op.test._and borrow inspiration from existing tests.
- Minimize number of dependencies.
- Prefer BSD, Apache 2.0, MIT, ISC and MPL licenses.
Code of Conduct¶
Follow the Apache Code of Conduct.
By contributing your code, you agree to license your contribution under the terms of the BSD 3-Clause.