This page lists recommendations and requirements for how to best contribute to TransmogrifAI. We strive to obey these as best as possible. As always, thanks for contributing – we hope these guidelines make it easier and shed some light on our approach and processes.
Issues, requests & ideas¶
Use GitHub Issues page to submit issues, enhancement requests and discuss ideas.
- Ensure the bug/feature was not already reported by searching on GitHub under Issues. If none exists, create a new issue so that other contributors can keep track of what you are trying to add/fix and offer suggestions (or let you know if there is already an effort in progress).
- Clone the forked repo to your machine.
- Commit changes to your own branch.
- Push your work back up to your fork.
- Submit a Pull Request against the
masterbranch and refer to the issue(s) you are fixing. Try not to pollute your pull request with unintended changes. Keep it simple and small.
NOTE: Be sure to sync your fork before making a pull request.
- Clean, simple, well styled code
- Module-level & function-level comments.
- Comments on complex blocks of code or algorithms (include references to sources).
- Increase code coverage, not versa.
- Use ScalaTest with
- Use our testkit that contains a bunch of testing facilities you would need. Simply
import com.salesforce.op.test._and borrow inspiration from existing tests.
- Minimize number of dependencies.
- Prefer BSD, Apache 2.0, MIT, ISC and MPL licenses.